Halfway houses offer long term care for recovering addicts seeking sobriety. Research shows that those who choose to reside in a halfway house increase the possibility that they will achieve a successful, long term sobriety. Time spent recovering in inpatient treatment is extremely important, but following up with an extended stay at a sober living home, such as a halfway house, has a crucial effect on sobriety. Florida halfway houses offer a safe, structured environment for addicts to focus on their recovery while in the early stages of sobriety.
A difficult, but vital, step in recovery is making the choice to commit to a treatment center and create relationships with caring professionals who will provide the support and guidance needed to successfully recover. Staying at a halfway house in Florida is a way to continue the work that you have begun. The staff members of halfway houses in Florida are compassionate, recovering individuals who support clients as they adjust to sobriety by providing guidance, offering career advice, transporting them to meetings and outpatient programs, as well as helping them navigate the recovery process and sobriety. Halfway houses offer the necessary care and guidance that is needed throughout all stages of recovery by equipping clients with the tools they need to build a sturdy foundation on the Twelve Steps.
At Pathways to Peace, we understand that recovery can be a gradual process that contains obstacles and struggles. We are committed to providing long term support that will help recovering addicts dedicate themselves to sobriety and adjust to life outside of treatment. Staff members at Pathways to Peace are dedicated to each client’s recovery and expect the same level of dedication in return. During a stay at our halfway house in Florida, clients will be expected to:
- actively incorporate the Twelve Steps into daily routine, actions, conversations and behaviors
- attend Twelve Step meetings each day
- obtain a sponsor to encourage accountability and sobriety
- seek employment or volunteer services
- abide by Pathways to Peace house guidelines and curfew
- complete daily chores to help maintain a safe, clean healing environment
- attend regular Pathways to Peace house meetings
Deciding which Florida halfway house is right for you may seem difficult, as there are several to choose from. While searching, take the following into consideration:
- research what others have to say about the facility
- learn more about Florida halfway houses by searching websites on the Internet
- tour the facility to get a better feel for what it has to offer
- talk to other recovering addicts at Twelve Step meetings or those who have been or are residents to get more information
If you or someone you know is suffering from addiction and interested in learning more about Florida halfway houses, contact Pathways to Peace by calling (800) 714-8260.